Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Movin' On Up...

Tonight was my final bar training...I am officially a Chili's bartender. I arrive at this new, higher station in life with mixed feelings. I am super excited because there is the potential for a lot more money, and I am finally going to have a fixed schedule that frees up my nights and weekends. On the downside, this is as far as we go, friends. There are no more rungs on the restaurant ladder, unless I want to go into management (and ick, who wants to do that?!). I have in my hands a golden opportunity: the chance to make money, on my terms, on my chosen schedule, and in the meantime figure out what it is I want to do. Because God knows I don't want to bartend for the rest of my life. In fact, there's a lot of things I don't want to do. I need to start adding to the "want" side of the list. Which turns out is a lot easier said than done...

No comments: