Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Commitment

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to run a marathon. Well, that was pretty ambitious since I could barely run two miles outside in January. As the year has progressed, I've become more and more determined to do the thing...so I ammended the resolution to a half marathon, and today I finally committed. My friend Philip and I have been encouraging each other to push ourselves physically, and in passing conversation I kept telling him, "I'm going to run the White Rock Half Marathon, you should train with me." In the last two months he seemed to start taking it seriously, we both upped our mileage and our weight loss, and today we registered for four races, culminating in the White Rock Half Marathon. So here goes nothing, friends, there's no turning back now!

PS-I think this is the first New Year's Resolution I've ever even attempted to keep. This could be the start of something really good :)

2 comments:

~Hartwig Family~ said...

Your gonna rock girl. I wish I loved running. I used to really love it when I was little. I wonder how come I don't now? I tried to make that a goal and it quickly went into the dust. Maybe soon though. You just might be the inspiration I need! :-)

Alicia said...

Okay, Nikki. We really, really, really need some nephew pictures on here! Can you please oblige? =)