Wednesday, August 6, 2008

When God Speaks...

...He often does so through the most unexpected voices, and in the most unusual places. Here I am, feeling sorry for myself because I may actually have to do something about my teensey problems, and I post a mood update on MySpace. I say I need a hug...and a few hours later in my inbox I find a little note from a friend I haven't heard from in months. "Consider this a hug." This is not someone I speak to often or intimately. This is not a person I would necessarily turn to in a crisis. This is not even someone who lives in the same state as me. Yet they heard my cry, and those four words lightened my load so much!

Then I say that I must make some sacrifices to move forward. Again, hours later, from yet another friend who I only talk to occasionally, I receive a message of encouragement. She tells me how she has always admired my strength, has always looked up to me, and she knows that no matter what obstacle is in my way I will succeed. The words I had prayed to hear coming from the most unexpected person in the most unexpected place.

He speaks. We just have to listen.

1 comment:

~Hartwig Family~ said...

I wish I could have seen your Mood that day. I too know that God works in mysterious ways.